This report provides an assessment of the situation of women’s, children’s, and adolescent’s health in 2022, highlighting persistent inequities and the direct and indirect effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. The report also provides six recommendations to accelerate necessary progress for all women, children, and adolescents.
Current data shows stagnation and drops in intervention coverage despite great progress in reducing maternal and child mortality. Priority actions for stakeholders include:
- Strengthening primary health care systems
- Improving multisectoral collaborations
- Emphasizing women’s empowerment
- Leveraging public-private partnerships
- Increasing financial investments
- Securing global food supplies and humanitarian assistance