Investment cases and advocacy materials
This section is under development. It will include select materials to help country stakeholders make the case for investing in strategies to the experience of care and respectful care.
The White Ribbon Alliance (WRA) has a suite of respectful maternity care resources including RMC guides, policy briefs, reports, and toolkits.
- In 2011, the White Ribbon Alliance (WRA) launched a global campaign to promote RMC as a universal human right, culminating in a WRA-led charter for the rights of childbearing women and an updated 2019 RMC Charter that reinforces the importance of RMC for both women and newborns.
- In 2019, the WRA collected responses from 1.2 million women as part of its global What Women Want campaign, here are the global findings. and interactive dashboard
In 2014, the WHO issued a formal statement on the prevention and elimination of disrespect and abuse It stated that every woman has the right to the highest attainable standard of health, including the right to dignified, respectful care during pregnancy and childbirth, and that the following actions should be taken:
- Greater support from governments and development partners for research and action on disrespect and abuse
- Initiate, support and sustain programs designed to improve the quality of maternal health care, with a strong focus on respectful care as an essential component of quality care
- Emphasizing the rights of women to dignified, respectful health care throughout pregnancy and childbirth
- Generating data related to respectful and disrespectful care practices, systems of accountability and meaningful professional support are required
- Involve all stakeholders, including women, in efforts to improve quality of care and eliminate disrespectful and abusive practices