This sub-section provides an overview of metrics-focused global technical advisory and working groups, including MoNITOR Technical Advisory Group and the Ending Preventable Maternal Mortality (EPMM) and Every Newborn Action Plan (ENAP) Metrics Technical Working Groups.
Mother and Newborn Information for Tracking Outcomes and Results (MoNITOR) Technical Advisory Group
In 2015, the World Health Organization launched the technical advisory group, Mother and Newborn Information for Tracking Outcomes and Results (MoNITOR).
The vision of MoNITOR is to facilitate measurement, align initiatives, and provide technical guidance to WHO. MoNITOR will support WHO to ensure harmonized guidance, messages, and tools so that countries can collect useful data to track progress toward achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. MoNITOR is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Learn more about MoNITOR objectives, Advisory Group members and more.
MoNITOR papers available include:
- Measures matter: Revisiting the indicators for maternal and newborn health programmes
- Measures matter: A scoping review of maternal and newborn indicators
- What is meant by validity in maternal and newborn health measurement: A conceptual framework for understanding indicator validation
- What gets measured better gets done better: The landscape of validation of global maternal and newborn health indicators through key informant interview
- Monitoring maternal and newborn health outcomes globally: a brief history of key events and initiatives
EPMM & ENAP Metrics Technical Working Group
This technical working group (TWG) supports coordination of metrics efforts common to EPMM and ENAP measurement goals. The TWG is co-chaired by the WHO and the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and meets on a quarterly basis.