Provision of Care
Debate, discuss, and learn
This section offers information related to additional partners, forums, or resources for continued learning and discussion about the provision of person-centered and respectful care.
Commentaries and editorials
- The Lancet Commission on High-quality health systems in the Sustainable Development Goals era: time for a revolution, The Lancet, 2018
- Quality, Equity, and Dignity for Women and Babies, The Lancet, 2016
- Quality Maternity Services for Every Woman, Everywhere: A Call to Action, The Lancet, 2016
- Appropriate Use of Cesarean Section Globally Requires a Different Approach, The Lancet, 2018
- Maternal Health Task Force blog series on Quality of Maternal Healthcare, Maternal Task Force, 2016-2018
Opportunities to debate, discuss and learn more
- The Maternal Health Task Force has a collection related to the quality of maternal health care here which defines high quality care and provides a useful overview, as well as offers key resources and publications, tools, projects and events.
- The Quality, Equity, Dignity: A Network for Improving the Quality of Care for Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health is a broad partnership of committed governments, implementation partners and funding agencies working to ensure that every pregnant woman, newborn and the child receives good quality care with equity and dignity. The goals of the Network are to halve maternal and newborn deaths and stillbirths in health facilities by 2022 and to improve patients’ experience of care in participating in health facilities in Network countries. The website offers access to practical resources, opportunities to learn from others as well as engage with peers, and to access country data.
- The AlignMNH April 2021 Opening Forum featured several sessions focused on quality of care:
- Lessons learned from the national forums to improve quality of care for MNH session can be found here.
- Establishing in-patient care: lessons learned to inform quality of care for small and sick newborns is here.
- Maternal and Perinatal Death Surveillance and Response Implementation at Country Level: A Critical Element for Improving Quality of Care is here.
- Strengthening Measurement to Inform Action: Improving Experience of Care and Reducing Mistreatment of Women during Childbirth and of Newborns is here.